FOR THE NEXT 30 MINUTES, YOU WILL BE ON
This is David Bay, Director of Old Paths Ministries.
And this is the Cutting Edge, a radio program dedicated to warning and informing God's people. We are committed to the study and exposition of the inerrant, inspired and authoritative Word of God. The views expressed belong to us, and are not necessarily shared by this station.
The moral bankruptcy of our society is well-documented.
But, few people understand why we have become morally bankrupt. However, when we look at society through the eyes of God, through the Bible, we can easily see why we are facing the unprecedented troubles today. This study of America through the eyes of God is what we will always do try to here; stay with us for some eye- opening truths.
During this past week, the Roman Catholic Pope, John Paul II, visited the United States after a brief stop in Mexico. John Paul II came to Denver, Colorado, to lead Roman Catholic faithful in a celebration called, "World Youth Day". This event is similar to many such New Age gatherings such as the "Harmonic Convergence" conferences. This conference attracted an estimated 150,000 people between the ages of 13-39, according to the Boston Globe, August 13, 1993, including 87,000 who jammed Denver's Mile High Stadium to listen to the Pope speak. This conference was truly of historic importance, because it united many American Catholics who had heretofore felt alienated from the strict teachings of the Church on such moral issues as Abortion and Sex. However, as the articles reporting these events made quite clear, the persona of Pope John Paul II was so strong that it produced incredibly strong feelings of emotional commitment even amongst those Catholics who had strongly differed with the Church. As one person exclaimed after she grasped John Paul's hand, "It was just so incredible...He just radiates peace". Other people who had shaken his hands reportedly wept as they kissed his ring. It seems that John Paul II has incredible charisma.
The Pope was met by President Bill Clinton as he arrived at Denver's Stapleton Airport. President Clinton praised the Pope for his worldwide moral and spiritual leadership and acknowledged that millions of American Catholics follow their Pontiff's direction. When John Paul stepped to the microphone, he wasted no time in criticizing America's leadership in the area of Abortion. We agree wholeheartedly with John Paul on this issue. We agree that every society will be judged by the way in which they treat their most helpless and vulnerable citizens, the unborn. Pope John Paul II could not have been more right on this issue and we comment him for taking this issue directly into the public spotlight.
However, we cannot forget that the Roman Catholic Church is assigned the role in the Plan to bring about the New World Order which parallels the Biblical definition of the False Prophet in the Book of the Revelation. As we have stated in previous programs, the New World Order Plan envisions that, at the right moment in world history, the Roman Catholic Pope will travel to Jerusalem to convene a very special global religious conference. At this conference, the Pope will announce that all the world's religions are now one, and are to be lead by the Roman Catholic Church. This is one of the major fulfillments of the prophecy in Revelation 13:11-18, concerning the False Prophet. Interestingly, this special global religious conference in Jerusalem will occur at the same time as a global political conference in Jerusalem, probably lead by none other than Maitreya the Christ. When these twin events occur simultaneously, the prophecy of Revelation 13 concerning the joint activity of the Anti-Christ and the False Prophet will have been fulfilled.
We have also quoted the book, "The Keys Of This Blood", by Jesuit priest and author, Malachi Martin. Martin asserts in this monumental book that the advance to the New World Order is being lead by three major forces:
Martin's book treats the Roman Catholic Church most favorably; it is not hostile toward either the Church or Pope John Paul II in any manner. However, its conclusions are most damning because of the way the author makes it very clear to any student of Biblical Prophecy that the Pope and the church which he leads is destined to fulfill the prophecy of the False Prophet.
No church could possibly fulfill the role of the Religious Harlot of Revelation, nor its leader the role of the False Prophet, unless its teachings and doctrine were full of Satanic Paganism. Of course, Revelation 13:11 tells us that this False Religious System would appear to be Christian. Such is the Church of Rome. While its official doctrinal foundation is clearly Christian, its extra Biblical teachings and practices are clearly pagan. We have reported on this phenomena in past programs, and will return to the issue of the critically important role of the Virgin Mary in this entire End-Time Scenario. However, today we want to report on the visible signs of Paganism and New Age thinking and attitudes present in this visit of Pope John Paul II for World Youth Day.
1. On his way to Denver, the Pope stopped in Mexico for a very brief stop-over. According to the news article in the Boston Globe, August 12, 1993, "the Pope spoke to 3,000 representatives of 500 Indian cultures at a Franciscan monastery built atop a pyramid to the Mayan sun god". Did you catch the significance of this statement? The Roman Catholic Church has built an official monastery on top of a Satanic pyramid which had been built to honor the Mayan sun god. This is so very consistent with the willingness of Roman Catholicism to combine Satanism by whatever form with True Christianity. Have Roman Catholic leaders ever heard of the Apostle Paul's warning in 1 Corinthians 5:6, that just as little bit of leaven [false teaching] ruins the entire lump of dough? Over the past 1,500 years, the Roman Catholic Church has brought truckloads of false Pagan teaching and practice into its body, thus ruining its spiritual life and witness.
But, then the Pope makes this Paganism crystal clear, as he pronounced, "'Abuses were committed during the period of the colony' by authorities who did not appreciate the spiritual values of indigenous cultures..." The implication of this apology is that the Catholic Church of today would not have participated in the physical abuses of the Indian culture, and would have condoned their most Pagan religions. But, wait a minute!! The religions of these indigenous people was blatant Satanism, complete with human sacrifice. Is this the religion which the Pope is now saying that we must "appreciate it values"? Indeed, it is. As the world approaches the Satanic New World Order, we are witnessing a resurgence of many of the world's Satanic, Pagan religions. Thus it is that we are seeing a resurgence of many of the African based Satanic systems, and a concentrated resurgence of the native American Indian religion. The American Indian religion is very close to the New Age religion of today, with its emphasis on Mother Earth worship and upon "realizing the godhead within". This is precisely the reason we are seeing such a concentrated emphasis upon the glories of the American Indian today.
But, back to the Paganism which was so evident during the visit of Pope John Paul II to the World Youth Day festivities in Denver, Colorado, this past week.
2. The second visible sign of Paganism from the Pope was his call for the "privileged" nations of the world to join with the international community to "establish more effective structures for maintaining and promoting justice and peace" in areas of the world now embroiled in war, famine, and suffering. This is a laudable goal which will be realized only when Jesus Christ is ruling during His Millennial reign. However, what the Pope has in mind when he states this goal is simply New Age. When he mentions "privileged" nations, he is referring to the New World Order goal of a forced "redistribution of assets", taking wealth from the nations who have earned it over the years and giving it to nations who have not earned it. This is nothing more than a gigantic, global Welfare system, where earned income is forcibly taken from productive citizens and given to the unproductive. When the Pope refers to "effective structures for maintaining justice and peace" he is referring to the strengthening of the United Nations to the point where it is the only superpower on earth. Of course, we are very concerned with this idea, because we have studied the writings of the demon, Master D.K., writing in "The Externalisation of the Hierarchy", where he states that the goal of the United Nations is to destroy anyone or any nation who resists its leading.
3. The third instance of Paganism involved with this visit is found in a description of the impact which the church pageantry has upon a person's mind. An article in The Providence Journal Bulletin, on August 14, 1993, states the effect upon people that these large pageants, like a Mass, has upon the individual. "Attracting large crowds is also no guarantee that the message will stick, according to social psychologists, church historians, and clergy. From a psychological perspective, bigger-than-life pageantry can pay off for the church even if it doesn't make evangelists out of everyone. It is what the French sociologist Emile Durkheim called collective effervescence .. At that moment when the ritual is really at its peak moment of intensity, you lose consciousness of your individual self and you are part of a collective group".
When I read these words, written about the effect of Roman Catholic ritual upon a person's consciousness, I could not believe my eyes. These were almost the very words from many a New Age writer. They have long preached that the world cannot enter into the New World Order utopia until and unless the majority of the world enters into a new "collective consciousness", until and unless we all understand that we are interdependent. Of course, mankind is interdependent because we are all part of the collective, cosmic consciousness. The New Age language matches perfectly with the Roman Catholic.
4. The fourth instance where the Paganism of Roman Catholicism is evident was contained in an article in the Face of Religion section of the Providence Journal Bulletin, August 14, 1993, entitled, "When John Paul II Steps Out". This was a pictorial article, showing the robes which Pope John Paul wears when he is in public or performing his official duties. Several of these robes and other instruments are blatantly Pagan. We will discuss only a few of these instances, limited as we are. by our inability for you to see the pictures. We will be taking our material from the book, "The Two Babylons", by Reverend Alexander Hislop, one of the most respected books on Roman Catholicism ever printed.
Thus, the spectacle of Jesus Christ hanging from the cross at the top of this staff is even more of an abomination to True Believers, because the staff itself was a divining-rod utilized by ancient Babylonian Satanic priests. (Hislop, p. 217) How dare the Roman Catholic Church place Jesus Christ atop a Satanic divining-rod? For that matter, how dare the Roman Catholics daily celebrate the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross? This is the moment of Satan's temporary victory over Jesus, as foretold in Genesis 3:15. How dare the Roman Catholics daily hold up Jesus anew in His moment of shame and humiliation, instead of celebrating His eternal victory over Satan at the moment of resurrection? Is this part of what the writer to the Hebrews meant in chapter 6:4-6, when he wrote, "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift...and have tasted the good word of God...if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." This is exactly what this Crucifix does! It daily crucifies to Roman Catholics the Son of God afresh, putting Him to open shame!! Furthermore, the entire "Unbloody Sacrifice" of the Mass is simply a recreation of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Thus, by both the Crucifix and the Mass, the Roman Catholics are putting to shame the Son of God.
But, this is not the entire truth, either. As we have stated in previous programs, the Crucifix which John Paul II is using is not the traditional abominable Catholic Crucifix; rather, it is the especially abominable Crucifix created in the Sixth Century A.D., to make fun of the traditional Crucifix. This nontraditional Crucifix differed from the traditional in that the crosspiece arms were bent down at each end, and the figure of Jesus Christ was pathetic. Jesus' arms were long and emaciated, and his body looked wasted away. Jesus' figure literally looks like one of those horrible pictures of starving people in Ethiopia or Somalia. In the century after creating this caricature of the traditional Crucifix, Satanists began to consider it as a symbol of Anti-Christ, as it has remained among Satanists today. Thus, when Pope John Paul II is holding this bent and twisted Crucifix up to the Catholic faithful for them to bow before it, he is holding up the symbol of Anti-Christ. And, yes, he knows precisely what the symbol really means. This is a time of conditioning the peoples of the world to the values, attitudes, and symbols of the Anti-Christ, so that when he actually arises, the average person on the street will feel comfortable with those signs, wonders, and symbols with which Anti-Christ is surrounded.
Do not be deceived.
* The Pope's Liturgical Dress which is worn when celebrating Mass, is depicted. We have already discussed the meaning of the Bishop's Mitre and the Divining-Rod Staff on the top of which is the abominable Satanic Twisted Cross. The only other part of this Liturgical Dress we want to discuss is the symbol of the Iron Crosses which adorn the Pallium. The Pallium in this picture contains four small Iron Crosses and three large. The Iron Cross has long been part of the occult, depicting their belief in the Four Elements, Fire/Air/Earth/Water, and the Four Cardinal Points North/South/East/West. We will shortly be airing a program just on their belief in these four elements and compass points, because this belief has played a major role in world history. However, suffice it to say that the Iron Cross is an occult symbol with the above meaning.
Even the number and the sizes of the Iron Crosses on this Liturgical Dress are highly significant. This dress has two sizes of Iron Crosses, four small and three large. In occult belief, a combination of four and three are uniquely powerful for the following reasons:
(1). Four is the number of creation
As we have already stated, the occultist considers the number four to represent creation generally, and the four elements and the four directions specifically.
(2). Three is the number of God
The occultist considers the number three to represent Divine Perfection.
(3). When three (3) and four (4) are added, you get the number seven, which the occultist will tell you represents "God". However, their God is not Jehovah God of the Holy Scriptures. Their God is the "good" god, whom they call by several names -- Morning Star, The Lord of The World, Lucifer. This is one of the most often confused points, and deliberately so. No occultist wants anyone to know that they are speaking of Lucifer, whom most people consider to the Devil. Therefore, they deliberately confuse the issue by using the word, "God", the same word we use to refer to the God Jehovah.
Thus, the occult Iron Crosses on this Liturgical Dress represent the numbers three and four, which adds together to get seven, which is the number for their "god".
* The final element in this article on the Papal dress on which we want to comment is the Coat of Arms. There are two significant parts of these Coat of Arms:
(1). Two Crossed Keys
Catholic doctrine holds that these are the two "Keys of Heaven" which Jesus bestowed upon the Apostle Peter in Matthew 16:13-19. Roman Catholics hold that Peter was the first pope, and that their power and authority derives from this line of succession. After all, did Jesus not say that He would establish His kingdom upon Peter and that it would be so strong that the "gates of Hell shall not prevail against it"? Thus, the office of Peter shall wield this type of tremendous power, according to Roman Catholic doctrine.
However, we would like to challenge you to read this passage carefully, in Matthew 16:13-19. Let the full impact of the English language hit you. When Jesus replies to Peter's confession, saying, "Upon this rock I will build My church", which rock is He referring? Is it Peter the person or Peter's confession that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God? Once you realize that the antecedent being modified in this sentence is Peter's confession, you will understand partly the falsity of the doctrine that the Peter was the first pope and that the authority of each current pope is based upon the Apostle Peter. However, there is an historic Peter during this time, living in Rome, upon whom the Roman Catholic Papacy is based. Rev. Alexander Hislop, writing in his book, "The Two Babylons", states, "...there was a Peter at Rome, who occupied the highest place in the Pagan priest-hood...his title...was Peter the interpreter. As the revealer of that which was hidden...While opening up the esoteric doctrine of the Mysteries, he [was] decorated with the keys of the two divinities whose Mysteries he unfolded." And who were these two Pagan divinities, each of whom was represented by a Key to Heaven? Their names were Janus and Cybele. Their two keys are the symbols which appear in the Pope's Coat of Arms, not any keys referred to in Matthew 16. In point of fact, this Biblical passage does not specifically refer to any number of keys, two, three, or any other number. This is just one more instance of Pagan influence in Roman Catholicism.
The last part of this Coat of Arms which we need to mention is the large "M" emblazoned on the lower right hand portion of the shield. The inscription tells us that this stands for the Virgin Mary. On January 4, 1992, we aired a program entitled, "Virin Mary and Pagan Goddess Worship". In this program, we demonstrated several highly significant facts about the Roman Catholic doctrine concerning the Virgin Mary:
(1). The Bible simply does not ascribe to her any of the attributes of divinity which Catholic doctrine ascribes. You cannot find any Scripture to substantiate these claims.
(2). The Bible also does not substantiate the claim that Mary was perpetually a virgin. In fact, it clearly states that Mary had other children.
(3). The only place in which you can find these doctrines is in Pagan, non-Christian religions. In fact, a Virgin Mother and her Redeemer Son is found in many Pagan religions throughout the world. From ancient Babylon to India to China, this false belief is taught. Satan has wisely planted similar false beliefs in many religions throughout the world, so that, when the prophesied time arrives for Anti-Christ to arise and unite the world's religions into one, he can do so easily because he has planted false doctrine in so many people's hearts and minds.
The final word in this issue of the Virgin Mary belongs to two Pagans, the Dalai Lama who is the leader of the Buddhist religion, and the Pagan writer, Peter Lemesurier, in his most important New World Order book, "The Armageddon Script".
The Dalai Lama, was quoted by China Galland, in her neo-Pagan book, "Longing For Darkness". Galland had noticed, as she studied her new Buddhist religion, that their Virgin Mother Goddess whom they worshipped, was virtually identical to the Roman Catholic Virgin Mary. She asked the Dalai Lama about this most interesting discovery. His quick response was, "Yes, this is the same as the Buddhist rangjung, or self-arising".
In his most blasphemous book, The Armageddon Script, Peter Lemesurier writes enthusiastically about the worship of the Great Mother Earth. He writes as though he is an astronaut in a spaceship in orbit around our planet. "As they rounded the barren lunar globe for the...last time, and the resplendent half-earth once again rose from behind that now familiar curved and rocky horizon, what they saw coming up to meet them was strangely familiar. An image straight out of the racial memory. A god out of the world of the archetypes. It was none other than the rounded form of the Great Mother, Earth herself, clad in the same flowering robes of shimmering blue and white that had been those of mother-goddesses of earth and sky throughout man's history - and not least his most recent mother-goddess, the Virgin Mary herself..." (p. 245-6).
Peter Lemesurier, as a Pagan worshipper, has no difficulty recognizing the truth that the worship of the Virgin Mary is ancient Pagan idolatry. Therefore, non-Christian Pagans the world over will have little difficulty accepting the worship of the Roman Catholic Virgin Mother.
Do not be deceived, dear listener. Roman Catholicism is nothing more nor less than Christianity mixed with tremendous Pagan doctrine, so much false doctrine that the entire church is ruined. Remember Paul's warning, that just a little false doctrine ruins the entire loaf of bread.
What can you do about this false religious mess?
To all of our sincere Roman Catholic friends and neighbors, we lovingly urge you to recognize the truth of which we speak, and come out of this false system. Your eternal soul is at stake.
We want to simply state that this ministry is made possible only by the support of our listening audience. If this program has blessed you, please write us at the address which follows, and give as God directs you.
You have been listening to the Cutting Edge, a radio program of Old Paths Ministries.
Return to The Cutting Edge Radio Show Transcript Index to select additional transcripts from our radio program.
Please feel free to E-mail Cutting Edge Ministries if you have any questions about our outreach ministry or any of these transcripts from our radio program.
Christian site for those who seek information about or related to a wide variety of subjects including Bible Evangelical religion Billy Bob Jones Christ Church James Dobson evangel faith God Hour of Power Jack Van Impe Jesus Jimmy Swaggert Kenneth Copeland Lutheran Baptist Methodist Ministry New Testament Old Testament Pentecostal prophecy protestant rapture religion Robert Schuller Roman Catholic spiritual The 700 Club Oral Roberts Baker tribulation