House of Representatives set to vote on 'hate crimes' giving homosexuals special rights
America Family Association
February 20, 2007
The U.S. House of Representatives will soon vote on HR 254, which establishes “hate crime” legislation. HR 254 will create new special rights for homosexuals under the guise of enhancing law enforcement. It would make “sexual orientation” a protected class alongside race, religion and gender.
The only way this bill can be defeated is with a real grassroots uprising by those who care about the future of their children, families and marriages!
The intent of this law is to force the acceptance and approval of homosexuality on every American, regardless of their religious views.
Here is a short summary of HR 254.
Here is a partial list of what homosexual activists are trying to force on every American. While HR 254 will not, in and of itself, accomplish these goals, it will open the door to such regulations. Once the elephant gets its trunk under the tent, the way is open for the elephant to move inside and do whatever he wants.
* Preaching that homosexuality is a sin from the pulpit will result in the
preacher being charged with “hate speech.”
* Churches will have their tax-exempt status revoked if they oppose homosexuality.
* Homosexual marriage will be legalized and recognized in all states.
* Polygamy will be legalized.
* Landlords will be forced to rent to homosexuals.
* Scouts, and all non-profit organizations, will be required to hire homosexuals as leaders.
* Biblical language used to define homosexuality will be considered “hate speech.” City officials have already had a billboard removed in Long Island, NY, because it was classified as “hate speech.” The billboard read: “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.” (Leviticus 20:13)
* Employees will not be allowed to say anything negative about homosexuality in their workplaces.
* Classes promoting the homosexual lifestyle will be included in school curricula beginning with the lower grades.
* Employers will be forced to hire homosexuals.
* Adoption by homosexuals will be legalized in every state.
To read HR 254, click here.
Let me say again: HR 254 will not, in and of itself, accomplish everything the homosexual activist’s desire. But it is the first step is to position their cause where they can achieve all their goals.
If they are successful with HR 254, rest assured they will pursue their next goal and will not stop until they achieve all their goals.
Send the e-mail to your representative urging him or her to vote AGAINST HR 254. It all boils down to who is dedicated to their cause more — homosexual activists or Christians. Right now the homosexual activists are winning.
Please forward this to all your friends and family. The only way to stop this
onslaught on Christian values and Christianity is a national uprising against
HR 254, saying enough is enough!
Click Here to Email Your Representative Now!
Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association
P.S. Please forward this e-mail message to your family and friends!